The Hampton Roads Planning District Commission Regional Construction Standards (HRRCS) have been used on a variety of projects throughout the region. The increasing popularity of the document has prompted HRPDC to emphasize training efforts for public and private engineers, inspectors, and the contracting community. To highlight the importance of participating in the training program offered through HRPDC, participants will be presented a Certificate of Completion and awarded 3.0 PDH credits. Having this Certificate will demonstrate that your organization has made a nominal investment of your staff’s time to become familiar with the basics of the document contents and guidance in implementation. A schedule of upcoming training sessions may be found on our Training Calendar.
Sessions are from 1:30 to 4:30 at the HRPDC Board Room located at 723 Woodlake Drive, Chesapeake. There will be a $60 charge for these training sessions to recover the reproduction costs of the Training Manuals that are given to the attendees. The training workshop emphasizes noteworthy changes made from the previous edition, including:
- Modifications made to the General Provisions by Locality Attorneys and Purchasing Agents
- Revisions made to better complement VDOT’s new edition of the Road and Bridge Specifications
- The latest sewer rehabilitation technologies accepted for use in the Hampton Roads area
- New Sections and Standard Details
- The Management Structure of the Regional Construction Standards
- Where to find helpful information on the HRPDC website
- How to adapt the document for individual projects
- And much more!
Please contact Kelli Arledge or Cindy Mulkey at 757.420.8300 or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for a training session or ask questions. Space is limited, so sign up early for any of the scheduled training dates. The training is conducted by Bob Sciacchitano P.E. and Todd Smith P.E. who have been closely involved in the development of the latest Edition.